Thursday 12 April 2007

Bits and bobs

Ok, so today my life is feeling so much more together. I’ve been home, I’ve unpacked, re-packed as is the usual ritual, caught up with Anita and Dan about all the goings on in Brighton, and Steve’s birthday weekend is falling into place, thank goodness. The weather is on our side, which means we can basically plan to do nothing and just enjoy the sunnyshine, have a couple of nice picnics with champers and relax.

It’s so much easier for everyone when the sun shines isn’t it? If it was raining, I’d have had to devise a strict itinerary of what to do and where to go. Also the ‘big’ present is almost sorted. It’s turned out to be a little pricier than I anticipated, and combined with the lunch out and various other bits and pieces, my credit card is once more taking a massive battering. Eeeek.

On the upside, I’m convinced I have managed to pull off the best 30th present ever and I intend to milk it for all it’s worth….oh yes, I’m going to officially be the best girlfriend ever. I’ll let you know all about it once he’s got it. I expect a mixture of tears and 'grateful' sex.

Have booked eurostar tickets today for the May bank holiday weekend. Steve’s away on business again, so I’m just tagging along for the hell of it. Make the most of the fact that the hotel is paid for by the company, hurrah!

I’m off to Sam’s tonight for our usual sleepover, although I’ve just found out that one of the founder members is, shock horror, in A&E with a suspected appendicitis. Poor old Jess…she’s waiting for surgical team as I type so I’m keeping my fingers and toes very tightly crossed. I suspect it might be a case of gout due to excessive red wine consumption, but I await test results with baited breath…

That's me for today x

No comments: