Wednesday 11 April 2007

Castle life




So you think you can rely on your friends to keep your blog on track and what do they do? Enjoy the Easter sunshine, forget their responsibilities and fail to put anything of any interest on your blog. Thankfully, what with the rather fabulous weather over the Easter holidays, I doubt there were many people who were sitting on computers and happening upon my usually frequently updated blog.

I have to confess, I am more to blame. It turns out our castle did have wi-fi, and there was a wirelessly enabled laptop, or 3 to be precise and I too neglected my blogging. Call it a break from my daily responsibilities and a cleansing exercise, which is lovely, except now I feel guilty and have far too much to fit into any one post, so much like my lack of holidays blogging, here comes the castle roundup.

Here’s where I’ve been staying for the last 5 nights, like a proper princess. A style I must confess I have become accustomed to, four poster bed, aga, 4 course dinners and fine wine and lots and lots of eating. It was a wicked weekend, although quite sedate once everyone had chilled and got used to the idea of having a castle for a home.

Me and Steve arrived on Friday morning (in our flukely upgraded ‘we’re from out of town’ 6 seater 4 litre Mercedes people carrier which was such a touch and so fun to drive) and quickly bagged the honeymoon bedroom- that’s definitely the benefit of having a boyfriend who has massive sulks when he doesn’t get his own way- who was I to question it?! It was tough having the best room in the whole castle with 2 en suites, but we managed it. The only downside was that Steve got so battered that I had to carry him up the turret windy staircase every single bloody night and undress him and get him into bed. No mean feat when you consider our bed was 5 feet off the ground and had stairs to get into it.

Anyway, so our party consisted of 18 adults, one dog called Wilson, and 2 babies, one 10 months, one 8 months. It’s quite tough to please everyone including the babies and dogs, so we tended to splinter off during the day. Plus I got bored of looking and cooing at the babies, and was far more at home in the company of the dog.

My biggest achievement for sure was my first Munroe. Me, Wilson, Steve and Rob scaled Lochnagar…it was awesome. The wind was so strong on top that I had to lie down for fear of being blown away. Wilson the dog enjoyed the snow at the peaks and did some wicked skiing and snow munching…Steve took a piss into the wind at the top…into. I ask you. It wasn’t very pretty.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to look at the pics of the castle and will keep you amused with silly stories over the next few days….there are plenty.

No comments: