Thursday 12 July 2007

The F Factor

Today’s topic for discussion is that of ‘filth’. I know you’re probably thinking, oh god, Ali, please NO. Not more chuntering on about cleaning and Kim and Aggie and top tips for getting pesky ‘Masters of the Universe’ stickers off your cupboards which at one point belonged to your big brother.

This is filth of a very different nature. A much grittier version.

My very lovely housemates and I took to this discussion last night after it occurred to us that one key thing all men strive to discover when their mates have slept with someone is not, ‘do you like her’ or ‘are you going to see her again’ or even, ‘was it good’ but instead….‘how filthy was she?’

The high-brow ones amongst you won’t necessarily admit that this is the case, but let’s be honest, that’s what you want to know. Why? So you can gage just how jealous you ought to be about the night of passion your mate has had and exactly what you might be missing out on in your seemingly mundane sex life.

So this prompted Lindsey to ponder the question of whether she would be classed as ‘filthy’ and on a sliding filthometer, what one might have to do to be considered in this category (not that it’s a desirable category of course). We then pondered over whether a bloke might want his girlfriend to be filthy, or whether this might be only desirable on a short term basis, and become redundant when you want to start viewing the lady in your life as the potential mother of your children- then you don’t want her popping up in crotchless knickers brandishing a heinous sex toy.

So lets ‘get down’ to the nitty gritty. I want a man pole (hehe). What, men, might you class as behaviour of the ‘filth’ variety. Personally, I reassured Lindsey that all ‘filth’ is as a classification is simply a girl who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to demand it, someone who isn’t demure and coy, someone who makes some noise, who’s happy to experiment, but who also knows when to say…’well now you’re just pushing your luck, put that Swede AWAY’

Something we all excel at in all areas of life.

Men? This posting needs some thought please. If we’re to provide a ‘scale’ we need some input.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Filth is the extreme - anything else is just good fun (as long as its between consenting adults!)

Light fetish play, even 'crotchless panties' are fine... provided they're used at the appropriate time - first date? not the best.

Do guys like a decent 'romp'? certainly, but then, so do most girls.

Anonymous said...

when using the phrase crotchless, why do we have to say 'panties'..it always makes me chuckle.

Ok, so I may have been wrong- filth is the end of the scale. I can't even bring myself to write about it, but I will say that Steve used to go out with a girl he now affectionately calls 'Dirt box'. Hmmmmmm. The mind boggles. Or not.

Jonathan said...

Perhaps they're are all just high-brow deniers, but I've never had a friend, to my recollection, ask me about this sort of thing at all, and consequently have never discussed with anyone - apart perhaps with subsequent girlfriends - the nature of my sex-life. Not a moral thing, I've just never been asked, nor assumed that anyone would want to know!

Jonathan said...

Apart from Sam, obviously.

Ali P said...

hmmm, so they didn't ask (except sam) but I reckon they would all have been curious- especially if said girl was a mutual friend....it's interesting, surely?! Or are my other male friends just depraved.

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

(sorry, deleted last comment cause it contained a spelling error)

Oh, I'd have said the other way round - that if the girl in question was a stranger, or someone new, then that might prompt interest in the nature of the sex, but that if it was a friend I definitely wouldn't want to know. No no no.

Anonymous said...

I concur with Jonathan - I have a friend who told us all sorts of sordid details of a dalliance he once had. She then became his girlfriend and we were all ordered to keep our mouths shut and he was horrified he'd mentioned it to us. I now find it hard to treat them in a normal way, knowing what I know about them. What's worse is that I imagine she has no idea I know. It's just too awful!

What's interesting is that he was happy to share all sorts of information with us when it was just a bit of fun but he would never have said a thing if he had actually cared about her at that point. Which I find heartening to know!

Mas said...

the question here appears to be how far do you have to agree to go as a female for the man in your life to consider you filthy. So surely this is down to very personal perspective. If the question were changed slightly to how filthy do you expect your girlfriend/partner to be and how filthy you would lie them to be ( a whole different equation in some cases) the response would be slightly different. 1 = Pious and prudish 10 = all manner of disgusting things (I was going to post some disgusting things that I know someone has asked for outside of their comfortable long term relationship with their female partnerrs blessing to ask someone else, but think it might be a bit much).
Experimentation is all very well but at some point you find whats comfortable and fun and loving and stay there (until you've been married 20 years and then I guess thats when role play kicks in due to boredom. In all honestly who wants to eat steak instead of burger every night for the rest of their life).

Mas said...

i really must learn to type properly. Good job I'm not a secretary innit.