Wednesday 4 July 2007

A little bit of this and that...

It’s been a while since I’ve bored you all with details of the house in Primrose Hill (not quite, but it sounds lovely doesn’t it), ok ok, Chalk Farm/Belsize Park.

Our kindly landlord Marc has employed a decorator to paint the entire place in ‘magnolia’- not great, but a damn site better than dark blue gloss. Yes, you heard right. We also have our very own handy man who pops over and takes care of bits and pieces like, oh you know- the leaky roof and dodgy electrics and other minor things like putting a lock on the toilet door. Essential of course.

The net result of this doozering is that every time we step foot inside the house, something has changed. Last night, we were almost rapturous at the lovely new bright stairs and hallway and I can’t tell you how relieved we were to have a toilet door which didn’t jam shut every time you went to the loo. Simple pleasures. This means we’re getting ever closer to the point when we can invite friends over and proudly open the front door, rather than doing so with an apologetic mumble about ‘maintenance needing to be done’. The hi-lite last night, apart from Lindsey’s red thai curry, was me, Lindsey and a rather drunk Natalie doing some undercover dumping of a variety of unwanted bits in the neighbours skip….I think this is officially know as ‘fly tipping’ but hey, it was only a few small things and the tip was full up and ready for collection anyway. We tip toed out in a little line, giggling nervously and doing lots of ‘sshshhhh’ing and looking guilty as sin. Somehow me and Nat were the first back and Lindsey was faffing around with the TV stand and then did the best mum run I have ever seen. Lots of arm flapping, not much forward propulsion. We got away with it though, and the fact that every square inch of London is covered by CCTV- not an issue, we were dressed in dark colours. It was like an episode of Spooks.

So back to me and my hormones. I think the trauma of last week has made my skin regress by ten years and I am as spotty as a pubescent teenager. Combined with massive puffy bags from broken sleep (bloody sun coming up at 4am, I ask you!) things aren’t so rosy on the appearance front. I’ll take it on the chin though, and have quite literally, several times over. No news re: results of biopsies yet but the really exciting news is that as a gesture of love, Dave and Dan have offered to revamp my blog and make it a little cooler. So watch this space. (lead in times for Dave’s normal projects tend to be around the 6 month mark, so no breath holding please).

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hey, no one rushed Da Vinci painting that ceiling!

Ali P said...

very true....I'm sorry I know I can't rush perfection and quite frankly, I'm pushing my luck!!!!