Wednesday 20 December 2006

Yawn

The illness is reaching fully fledged tedium now.

After a visit to the Doctor this morning it appears I have a chronic chest infection and have been given drugs and so am doomed to even more time sitting in my dressing gown, coughing and feeling like I have a tennis ball lodged in my throat.

And I'm missing my third xmas bash on the trot tonight as a result, AND it was one I really fancied going to.

For any of you who are addicted to Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, last night he re-visited moma cheries 'soul food' restaurant/shack. Since the first visit and the rapid rise to fame, moma cherie appeared to have lost sight of the all important fresh cooking and soul food and had instead favoured mass production of part-cooked chicken drummers, limp salad and rotten looking frozen deserts.

After a quick bit of ramseyification, all was looking rosy again, and the loveable chef, Brian, appeared to be taking the reins effectively. And this, was my dinner date for this evening.

My mouth was watering at the prospect of jambalayas, salt fish fritters and chicken wings but instead I'm going to be eating chicken broth. Basically Im' f**king miserable and everyone around me seems to be suffering with similar miseries...

With only 5 days to go til Christmas can things turn full circle and become joyous? One things for sure, there ain't no way on god's earth I'm abiding by the 'no alcohol' rule on xmas eve, xmas day or boxing day for that matter. One glass of champers and I'll be so battered I'll forget all my woes!

Ladies and gentlemen, please raise your glasses to my good friend, Amoxycillin.

No comments: