Thursday 1 March 2007

Duvet day

Yesterday I succumbed to a sofa duvet day with Anita, it was bliss.

We ventured out to Tescos and bought essential chilling fodder such as: cadburys fingers, minestrone soup and french bread, tortillas and dips and pork pies and then snuggled under the duvet together to watch 8 Mile. Granted, not the chick flick we had originally anticipated, but pretty good nevertheless and I have discovered I have a latent crush on Eminem which I fear is far from cool.

At one point during the snuggling-eat-fest, I looked over at Anita and realised AGAIN quite how different us females are to you men. We were happily snuggled, feet touching under the duvet, watching the TV without a second thought. I interupted the film with "Anita, can you imagine bursting into the lounge to find our boyfriends snuggled under the duvet, eating cadbury's fingers and watching Star Wars" and we laughed. Not only because it was a ridiculous mental image, but because it would be undeniably intimate. So you men will never know the true beauty of the shared duvet day, and perhaps would never to desire to know.

Of course being the hyper active person I am, the duvet day ended abruptly when I had to hot foot it to the City to look at some more pads. We spent the evening driving around the East End and familiarising ourselves with the more desirable places to live.

We've narrowed it down to several, one of which is the Victoria Park end of Bethnal Green....granted it's Hackney, but it's not really murder mile territory. The major downside to this is the fact that I will then be locating myself within the 'catchment' of Steve's big sister. I will then be risking being the main port of call for all drinking related disasters. Yee gads.

This weekend we're off to Leeds to officially 'ave it.

In typical Ali style, I've not managed to fully embrace the Northern-ness. We're staying in some grotty hotel in the city centre, but I've plumped for the master "superior" suite with king size bed, as a) it might be slightly better b) it only cost £85 c) it means if Steve is twitching all night, I can have a peaceful nights sleep far far away from him. I've been told we have to get up on Saturday morning at 6am, so we can drive up to Leeds in time for the football. BRILLIANT. Thank god there's a Harvey Nichols.

No comments: