Friday 9 March 2007

La last day

Ok, so after all that time, it's finally here. My last day at the dreaded US law firm. And of course, this evening, we're flying out to the Indian Ocean...thank goodness I am so pasty and pale I looked at my arms the other day and they were tinged with blue!

Last night was very funny. Awful turn out for my leaving do, but basically everyone I actually gave a sh*t about was there, which amounted to 6 of my colleagues. A couple of my favourite friends Sam and Lindsey also turned up bless them, and we all marvelled at the sozzled suits with their Vuitton briefcases and wadges of £50's they were all too quick to flash at us in an attempt to impress. Wankers, How wrong they were.

I left at around midnight and went to collect Steve from work....yes work, where he was sitting looking frazzled, typing manically, surrounded by a mountain of paperwork. I sat grinning sozzledly at him and then pottered into his bosses office, where I proceeded to draw smiley faces on important looking insurance documents before Steve clocked me and evicted me. We com-cabbeed it home for around 1pm and I passed out on the bed in Steve's dressing gown...apparently he had to practically tear it off me in an attempt to get me under the duvet. No recollection.

Today I am meeting my dad and his two gay friends for lunch. I have booked a french restaurant as my dad is obsessed with learning french at the moment, and I think it's a suitably posey place for two older gay academic types. I always feel so dim and humbled in their company due to the obscene amount of qualifications they all hold.

I'm hoping the staff in La Cave aren't parisiens or they will peer contemptously down their noses at Dad whilst he speaks French in his cute little Huddersfield/French accent!

Then back to the office for some farewells and a car comes to collect us to take us to Heathrow at 4pm. V&T 'o' clock estimated at 6pm, and then I'll sleep like a baby during the 11 hour flight. I have the snuggley snoozer...thank god.

So then, I will leave you in the capable hands of my anonymous blogunteer. I'm sure you'll love her work. I might try and find a PC on Meeru, but if it's a toss up between that and the pool, I might not. Any posts would be a dull mix of sun, swimming being burnt and eating too much, so you won't miss anything.

Until the 22nd March, or maybe 26th when I start my new job....ttfn!

x

No comments: