Wednesday 14 February 2007

Moment of Terror

Blimey. Handing in your notice when you really have no clue how your boss is going to react is a very very very scary thing to do. It actually made my palms sweat even thinking about it. I wrote some load of cack about working with a 'very special team' and wanting to move to have 'a whole new set of challenges' and in I strode, clutching my letter, with a face like the back end of a bulldog's arse.

It went ok though, I think. She kept reading and re-reading the letter as I garbled on, and I think she was probably trying to calculate whether I was trying to 'do her' out of any of my notice period, rather than coming to terms with the grief of not having me around anymore.

So that's it then. Goodbye solicitors! (well 3 1/2 weeks to go, but then I'm home and dry!).

No comments: