Thursday 22 February 2007

Work work work and Britney attempted suicide

My life over the last few days seems to have been dominated by the wasted hours which occur between 9-5.30. If I'm not knee deep in some god-awful pitch, I'm listening to my borderline schizophrenic boss slag off every living being, or being told off for being 4 minutes late

"am I the only mug around here that works a full day"

or meeting my ex-boss for some drinks which was a thinly veiled opportunity for her to grill me about just how awful things have got at work.

Anyway, today, just when I thought things might settle and I might be able to just sail through my notice, my long suffering and lovely colleague Katherine decided that after 7 years of tolerating jibes, mind games and back stabbing she had had just about enough. And you know what? This normally meek and quiet and extremely non-confrontational person marched into the our boss's office and told her in no uncertain terms, just how miserable she is, how she hates being here, and that if things don't improve, she's off. Which would mean our boss would have succeeded in loosing her entire team in just 3 short months. Quite an achievement I'm sure you'll agree, and one which I should think would prompt a little introspection.

Anyway, in other news, it seems Britney has had quite enough of being plagued by the media, so has found an understated and private way to end her suffering...read this

The poor girl has probably just got out of a parked car and was merely walking around it into oncoming traffic, which is of course a suicide attempt, and no doubt the 'Zanax' she is alleged to have threatened to take, was infact a packet of fags.

I'm off to meet my friend Lindsey tonight in Farringdon to discuss our plans for moving, including where we're going to look, what our budgets are going to be, and basically assess our priorities. Mine are that I want to be able to walk or cycle to work, I want to be surrounded by little cake shops, funky bars, and some boutique clothes shops and a park for me to jog in. That's it. I'm an easy girl to please.

No comments: