Tuesday 13 February 2007

What a funny old day!

Today has been a random assortment of bizarre occurances. Didn't I say yesterday that strange and possibly bad things might happen?

Firstly, we received an email at work telling us that outside the front door of our office there was a 'suspicious package', but just to move to the back of the building where presumably, we'd be much safer. We then received an e-mail an hour later to tell us it was all ok. Of course we'd stayed at our desks the whole time and no doubt would have been asked to make up the overtime if we'd actually moved away for our safety. Electronic tagging is par for the course in most firms.

Secondly, we were sent an email reassuring us that a low-flying aircraft...and I mean seriously low, top of building skimming, was not a terrorist threat (silly us!), but infact a non-registered diplomatic flight, presumably carrying some Japanese Government representatives on a 'white knuckle' flight around the City.

Thirdly, I went for lunch with a small doormouse. I was sitting happily eating my lunch chatting about high level business strategy and valentines day and he ran along the side of my table and sat and looked at me with his small whiskery whiffely whiskers and cute little eyes. My initial reaction was 'ahhhhh' look at the itty bitty, teeny weeny mouse. Then I realised, the little blighter had probably curled one out in my burger. We left. And there was no screaming or standing on tables.

And that's my day so far and it's only 4pm. The rest of the day could well hold many more special fun times. I'm going to a sleepover girly style tonight, complete with muchos wine and thai curry. I'm sleeping in the top bunk bed. Baggsied it earlier! Nothing like a sleepover to regress to childhood.

And no, Jonathan. There will be no pictures....especially after the notorious Sophie Ellis blog of late.

No comments: