Wednesday 14 February 2007

New job, Hurrah!

It might be tempting fate, but sod it. I'm so happy I'm bubbling over the top like a hastily poured glass of cheap champagne. Yesterday I got an offer for a new job, working for a new meejah web design agency. I'm going to be an account exec. I'm so excited it has suddenly dawned on me how much I hate my current job and how relieved I am at the prospect of NEVER having to work with another lawyer ever again, hurrah!

Tra la la la la. So, I get to go the Maldives, and when I return (complete with my 'don't I look fab with my orange tan' tan), I can have a week off and then start my new job. Out with the old and dull in with the new (meejah). I must now make some serious investments on my casual wardrobe. I must also start looking for somewhere to live.

Vic. You must do it. I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on the Job Ali! Top stuff, am very glad you will no longer be trailing around after egotisic city boy lawyers, who as we all know are essentially w*nkers.

No, its the world of media for you or as you put it 'meejah'. I don't know exactly what 'meejah' people do except talk about themselves a lot at parties, take lots of Cocaine and obsess about the media world in general.*

Oh and on the Valentines Day front, as the deputy leader of the Anti Valnetines Day lobby here in Brighton I can only condemn the senseless murder of millions of red roses.**

* Please don't start conforming to this stereotype.

** Yes we are only jealous : (

Ali P said...

Don't worry, I'll still be silly old Ali no matter where I end up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Really impressive to get a new job so quickly! My brother got a new job as well this week, so there must be something in the air (and lots of good stuff on both your CVs). Must get some applications off....Vic