Monday 12 February 2007

There may be trouble ahead

Is it just me or can I sense turbulant and difficult times ahead over the next few months? I feel like the rather earthy Gabriel Oak in 'Far From The Madding Crowd', sniffing the air, or examining the slugs, snails and birds and somehow deducing trouble ahead.

There seems to be some wizardly-jiggery-pokery in the air at the moment, and things are taking unexpected shape in my life and the lives of my friends. Things which have been so good, have turned out bad, and vice versa.

One of my closest girl friends has just experienced possibly the most gutless breakup from her boyfriend known to mankind and it has made me want to break out the sage sticks and exorcise her of ever having had anything to do with the useless fuckwit. On the flipside, trouble herself landed from South Africa, bright eyed and bushy tailed and fresh from 4 months in rehabilitation. And what a transformation. Yesterday we spent the day together and she smiled, and she sang and she laughed and she bought us presents (that's a whole other blog....are snake skin wallets pc? aren't they made from the dead dropped off skin, or is that the transparent stuff? am I going to be mobbed by animal rights activists every time I pay for a round in Brighton?) ...and there was no vodka, not within even sniffing distance.

I felt guilty for having felt like there was no hope, and now things seem to be looking up for her. Long may it last.

And then I have friends moving house left, right and centre, moving jobs, moving relationships, moving and changing, and at the moment I just want to shout to everyone please STOP. I can't keep up!

I had one of my freaky deja vu moments on Friday night, although it may have been questionable as I had drunk a bottle of Champagne. Steve and I were sitting in some restaurant in Clapham common and all of a sudden I knew exactly what was going to happen next, and I watched it happen and I heard myself say the things I had said, and Steve reply word-for-word. Or perhaps I was just really drunk. I was sick later on- after a 'flat liner' shot....never try one. Tabasco was not meant as a recreational aid.

Very rambly today, but it's Monday and I'm warming up!

No comments: