Thursday 15 February 2007

the tree in the restaurant

Last night I excelled myself in the stupidity stakes, perhaps it's the blonde hair. I don't know.

We went to our restaurant in Clapham, and there was a temporary extension towards the back of the building in the form of a marquee- there to cram in more romancing couples for their 2 hour dining 'slot'. It was one of those fancy ones which people use if they are having an outside wedding in the winter months. It had heaters and windows and was fairly snug, complete with pianist, saxophonist and some kind of keyboard player.

Anyway, we got taken to our table and I said to Steve;

"Do you think this bit where we're sitting is part of the actual building or part of the marquee"

(in fairness it was quite tricky to tell)

And Steve looked at me aghast and pointed to the large tree which was growing just to my right.

Idiot!

No comments: