Wednesday 14 February 2007

The sea of roses

It's valentines day, incase you hadn't noticed.

And for anyone with a flower allergy in my office, today is not going to be much fun.

I've just been down to our reception to attend a meeting and behind the desk were no less than 12 bouquets of roses, sent by dutiful boyfriends, husbands, f**k buddies, and ready to be collected by women who pretend to be touched, but actually felt it was their god given right to receive a bunch of over priced half dead roses.

I stalked upstairs houghtily, feeling slightly peturbed but not letting on...and then, the phone rang.

"There's something in reception for you Ali"


So of course I ran down the stairs beaming and was thrilled to see my very own bunch of roses, much more gorgeous than the rest and from my very own valentine. When I phoned to say thank you he told me, he thought it was the done thing. And I guess that sums up this silly day, we all think it's a load of crap, but equally are all touched when we get something, no matter how big or small from someone we love. I'm plumping for small though as my home made card now looks a little bit pathetic.

No comments: