Friday 19 January 2007

The aftermath

Last night was quite a journey home from work...one of those which again makes me question what on earth I'm doing commuting.

Managed to get out of work at 4pm, after warnings of closed stations and cancellations hit the national rail enquiries website, and battled over the bridge only to find that the roof of London Bridge station had collapsed so it had closed.

There was a real sense of panic and frenzy as the entire city left work early and attempted to get home in whatever way possible. Every time I walked past a notice board, they were making amends to increase the misery 'Northern Line- suspended, District and Centre- No clockwise service...London Bridge...CLOSED.

I asked a member of the very helpful British Transport Police what my best option was to try and get home, he said, "where's home?", I said, "Brighton" and he laughed and said, 'good luck'. Brilliant.

So three and a half hours later, and a very angry and overcrowded train journey home from Victoria I got in...ate a massive big dinner and relaxed to watch the usual assortment of crap TV, including Big Brother, where Jade excelled herself by calling Shilpa, 'Shilpa Poddodum'....Davina might as well bring along a shot gun tonight to put her out of her misery.

On a MUCH happier note, my holiday has been booked...hurrah for city bonuses and wonderful boyfriend. My gut feeling is that after some of my recent behaviour I don't deserve this treat, but I'm going to make sure that from here on in I am a model girlfriend, supportive, loving, fun, low maintainence, good arm candy and always on hand for sexual favours.

If anyone feels like it, we're off to an island called Meedhupparu for 10 nights of nothing except diving, eating, sleeping and drinking...

http://www.destmaldives.com/meedhupparu_island_maldives.html

Do you hate me?

No comments: