Thursday 18 January 2007

The winds of change

It's bl**dy windy in the City.

You know when you were small your mum would say to you, "don't pull that expression or the winds will change and you'll be stuck like that forever". (well mine did)

Today this really happened. I was ground to a halt by the wind on Fenchurch Street and almost took off. The whole struggle to walk made me laugh and I could not physically stop my face from being in a smile, because the wind was forcing my cheeks back and my facial muscles weren't strong enough to combat the "wind power".

So I walked the entire way to M&S with a goofy smile on my face.

There'll be trees on the line to Brighton tonight no doubt...tsk tsk. Blimmin Mother Nature, hasn't she got better things to be getting on with. Speaking of which, better do some work :)

No comments: