Friday 5 January 2007

Good cop, Bad shop assistant

You all know that our burglar was apprehended yesterday whilst on another 'job' and when taken to the station he sang like a canary, fessing up to every burglary committed in the South East over the past year it seems.

Well, this morning I have a call from the local friendly Hove CID office, asking me to describe my diamond bracelet, and you'll never guess what, they've got it!

Everything else he nicked has been shifted already, but my precious bracelet had been earmarked as a gift for some horrendous crimi-girlfriend. Not that it would have been worn I imagine, as in my experience, most people like this tend to opt for lots of gold and a small subtle bracelet would have been met with comtempt for insufficient blingability.

So there you have it, I have perverse sort of romance to thank for the return of my bracelet.

In other news, on my way to dinner last night with Jonathan, Vic and Anne So, I nipped into the local co-op to buy some wine, where the blighter behind the counter asked me if I was a model for Storm agency. I blushed and tittered politely, and started making some awful gibberish comment about 'not being a model' and he interupted and said, 'so you're not a hand model then?'. Cheeky little f**ker. I'd been done up like a kipper. Hurrumph. In hindsight of course he was taking the p*ss, I'm 30 next year, and no model by anyone's standards. Can't believe I was suckered in.

Tonight it's Steve and my first dinner 'date' with Anita and Stev- Stev is cooking.

The last time I went on a double date with A&S, it was with my ex- Danny V the BMW driving toy maker, and it was distasterous. This was mainly because I was horrendously drunk when I arrived at dinner and called Danny V a c**t as soon as he walked in the door which set a rather inappropriate tone for the evening. Anita, in an attempt to be supportive, helped me along with my saying some equally questionable things. I remember looking across the table with very misty blurry vision and seeing two miserable boys and thinking, 'this is not going well', then thinking, 'drink more immediately'. Roll on this evening!!

No comments: