Monday 8 January 2007

Blast from the past

I can barely keep my eyes open today. I put this down to several things. Firstly a rather heavy weekend on the booze, and secondly a very late night last night as I got captivated by 'Girl Interupted' starring Winona Ryder before she decided to embark on a career in petty crime.

I love this film for several very shallow reasons and one slightly deeper one. Firstly, Jared Leto. The most stunning man. Those eyes....even with questionable facial hair he is truly gorgeous. And lets face it, you couldn't say the same for Pitt in Seven Years in Tibet. Anyway, the other more important reason is that Angelina Jolie, worlds most lusted over women, looks f**king awful, truly terrible. She is playing a schizophrenic, heartless, institutionalised nutter, so you wouldn't expect her to look on top form, but I found this very reassuring.

Also, I like the notion explored in this film that people can embrace temporary periods of madness in their lives, and then return to normality having learnt something and somehow feeling able to appreciate things all the more, and in a slightly different way...a nice thing to believe in, for worriers like me in particular. I had my mad phase though in mid-late 2005, so surely it must be plain sailing from here-on in? Therapy, tick! Anti-depressants, tick! Sound mind, tick! (for now at least). Having said that 'sound mind' might be pushing it seeing as I checked myself out of my therapy sessions with one weeks notice and my counsellors face was quite a picture. hehehe.

Anyway, on a lighter note, the double dating extravaganza went marvellously well. Of course Steve and Anita couldn't manage the entire weekend without a little argument (the argument in question was about whether the P on parking guidelines stood for 'Permit' or 'Parking'...you may think this is no matter to argue, but I assure you it is, and also the subject of a £10 bet which Steve lost, much To Anita's delight), but no limbs were torn, and no eyes were blacked and this I class as a massive success. Hurrah!

Ahh, the trials and tribulations of life ey?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well?! What is it?! Parking or Permit? I need to know!

£10 on Parking.

: )

Anonymous said...

Parking of course. Or Permit, it was certainly one of the two.

There is a tenner pinned to our fridge with a note saying 'double or quits' for the next time Steve braves Brighton.