Thursday 11 January 2007

poorly paw.

Today is one of those days, you know. When things start badly, and just keep on and on and on.

The highlight so far was falling over, properly, in reception. I was striding through on a proper mission, late for a meeting, and WHAM! I was on my arse...there was slow-mo and everything.

Damn my stupid knee high boots with metal heels. They may be more durable and last longer, but they ought to be designated 'extremly dangerous' at the re-heelers.

I sat through my meeting with my hand swelling up and wanting to cry but being very brave as the meeting in question was with my colleague who keeps asking me out, and I didn't want to display any signs of weakness....worse case scenario, I cried and ended up in compromising and difficult cuddle situation. eek.

So here I am, with an ever swelling lump on my hand turning blue and my little finger is sticking out at an alarming right angle. I'm going to get anita to phone her sister tonight to do some of her speciality long distance telephone diagnoses.

On the plus side, there's some great Maldivian holidays on the market at the moment, and in just over 4 weeks, I'm going to be sitting on an island a long day away from all this sh*t.

Hooray for holidays!

No comments: