Thursday 4 January 2007

The price is (not) right

Ok, so it seems the average cost per month of on-line dating is actually £14.99 and not the £6.99 I originally mooted. Well corrected my friend.

Still though, I think this is good value for money. The only downside of being a serial male dater which I can see is the fact that 99.9% of women think you're an absolute tosser if you don't pay in full for the first date.

They might offer. They don't mean it, infact if you demanded to inspect their wallets or ask them to pay half and call their bluff (I don't recommend this) the wallets would be totally empty with the exception of recently purchased shoe receipts, final credit card payment reminder notices and perhaps some 'Superdrug' vouchers from last Christmas for a token sum which just aren't worth spending.

D'ya get me?

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Ali, if this is a hint ahead of dinner tonight, it ain't gonna work...

Anonymous said...

I briefly went out with someone who always used to pay about two-thirds of the bill, which left me very confused (and forking out the rest!). I think it was probably a bad sign. Vic