Wednesday 3 January 2007

One up, two down.

Following on from yesterday's turbulent moods, I can't put my hand on my heart and pretend that my head is straight.

Today my dilemma is wondering whether I should hand my notice in at work without having a new job to go to. Of course, I think I'd be able to land a job fairly easily once I set my mind to it, but the question is, is one in the hand worth, erm, two in the bush. Should I hold on to it because it's money and it's a known quantity (albiet a despised one)or should I plough onwards in 2007 with great big balls of steel, jack it in and have faith in myself.

Do employers look at people who have handed in their notice without the promise of a new job and think 'reckless, stupid fecker' or do they admire your conviction that you simply could not stand to be at that company a minute longer and took the positive decision to move on.

Also, if I do hand in my notice, do I resign myself to working in or near Brighton, taking a massive hit on money, but being happier and having more time to myself, but seeing less of my 'living and working' in London man? Or do I look again to jobs in London, continue the commute and hope that not all London based jobs are the same?

So there's the 'two down' miserable bit of the blog.

On a happier note, did anyone see Jim Branning (my nickname for Steve) on 'Just the Two of Us' last night on BBC1? He was an absolute legend. I can't remember what he sang as I was laughing so much, but I know the wonderful British public voted to keep him in, and I hope he can see the distance. On a seedier note, Waterman's breast's were awesome, and seeing Tess Daly struggle to keep those mammoth puppies at bay was priceless television.

For those of you as addicted to reality TV as me, Celebrity BB starts tonight- how could you have missed it? Did I say I was free for dinner and drinks tonight? I must be sadly mistaken!

No comments: